Saturday, November 1, 2014

Lucha Underground: Episode 1


Episode 1

aired: 2014/10/29

Sooooo, here we go, a brand new wrestling product on national TV. I was very hyped for this due to many factors: AAA involvement and personel, Rodriguez, Burnett, the style, etc. I expected goofy, campy and kind of over-the-top entertainment, and that's exactly what I got. Loved the episode. The venue looks gritty, that's cool. You know they're doing a swank job when they had me enjoying Chavo and Morrison matches, the two guys I despised in WWE (and everywhere else). It flew by, everything felt cinematic and fresh, I dug the presentation. They're cheesy and campy, and I love it. Striker was good, but Vampiro was great, totally did not see that coming. Loved his totally easy-going approach, you could see he was having fun there. The guy playing Dario Cueto can act very well, that was a great segment with Chavo. Also, dat swag.

1. Demon/Chavo - good (***)
2. Havoc/Sexy - short but solid (**1/2)
3. Mundo/Puma - great (****)


Oh, and this had me in stiches: "Prince Puma's spirit animal is... you guessed it, a jaguar."

No comments:

Post a Comment