Thursday, June 18, 2015

Zack/Roddy

PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique
 (2015/4/3)

PWG World Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Roderick Strong ©

So yeah, this ruled. I mean, it won’t end up being a high end MOTYC world wide, but it’s still a super strong match and will probably end up being a Top 5-6 US indie material. Most of the match was table-setting, which kind of started becoming stale but then they entered the finishing stretch in such a red hot manner, I forgave them all. Shit, Zack’s two super-duper close nearfalls at Roddy were incredible, and I imagine being there live was fucking tripping, I know I’d lose my shit right there and right then. You basically can’t do better 2.99s than that. The match also ended in a perfect moment. Like I said, the first two thirds were kind of in a danger of becoming repetitive, but most of it was smart mental wars and both guys (especially Zack) catching each other off guard with a bunch of tricks and shortcuts. Excellent match with both dudes delivering big time, I’m so happy for Roddy.

****1/2

3 comments:

  1. You seen the Marufuji/Suzuki matches from this year? If no, I highly recommend you to check them out. Thought both of those matches were pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I was going to, but then I remember how terrible Maru is. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree w/ you there about Marufuji, he is really bad, but that first MiSu match is really great. MiSu is really great, too. Highly recommend you to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete