Sunday, February 1, 2015

Roddy/Drew


EVOLVE 35

(2014/9/14)

Roderick Strong vs. Drew Galloway


So I was never a Drew fan and I think he was bad in WWE (but keep in mind I don’t watch that fed regularly) and wasn’t sad or surprised when they fired him, hell, I don’t even remember liking anything about him over there, not even his look. Sure, he’s big, but not in a threatening manner, at least to me. He never struck me as someone who carried his size particularly well. Now I’m hearing all these hymns about his body of work on indie scene, plus he’s wrestling Roddy F’N Strong in this free video, therefore I’m reasonably curious.

Oh, and look, the match is good and Roddy is doing what he does best – bringing the very best out of his opponents. Roddy was awesome here, he reminded me of a relentless honey badger battling a much larger coyote, he was a true rampant little fucker here, he forced Drew to fight rough, some truly punishing smacks were thrown around, very enjoyable shit. Of course, this being an indie show featuring Roderick Strong, the match had that one kickout too many, but eh, waddaya gonna do, overall the match was quite good and entertaining.

***3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment