Thursday, September 25, 2014

Two Swell Matches From LOLTNA

Well, fuck me sideways, I just watched two TNA Impact matches I loved. Keep in mind that up until this point my TNA MOTY was rated ***1/4, so sitting through MVP/Low-Ki and Aries/Knux was a blast, it really made me forget what a mess this fed is. MVP and Low-Ki worked for NJPW at the same time few years ago but both in different weight classes, so I knew they might come up with a vivid heavyweight/Junior story, and that's exactly what happened. It was a great match and honestly it felt like apart of a New Japan Korakuen show, with the crowd being hot and all that jazz. ****

Aries/Knux was good, the thing of beauty with Aries is how believable and compelling he looks against big guys, when he beats them it doesn't feel like a stretch at all. It helps that he's jacked, but I'm talking about all the little twists and details he uses, not to mention supreme psychology (not my favorite word) via mind games and super cockiness. Usually small guys use a plethora of kicks against big men, but Aries is just something else. Tons of fun here, Knux deserves credit too. ***3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment