Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lucha Underground: Episode 3


Episode 3

aired: 2014/11/12

 My favorite episode so far, and I loved the first two. The show keeps improving and in my opinion, it's exactly what a western pro-wrestling TV show should look like. There's a lot of camp and goofiness, on purpose of course, the stories are good and intriguing, this is an over-the-top wrestling telenovela 101. Chavo's angle is great and so is his character, that sitdown interview with Vampiro was his best work in carrer, I reckon. Well, in my opinion of course, since I never ever enjoyed Chavo. Those little things matter, like when Konnan warned him that people from Mexico are coming to avenge Demon and Sagrada, awesome shit. Mil Muertes' squash was a good one and his backstory was well done. Goddamn it, is Catrina hot like thousand hells or what? 

Dario Cueto was brilliant here, first that segment with Mundo that came straight from Rodriguez's trash movies that the ending with a fucking INNER MONOLOGUE (fuck yes!), shit, I love this show.

Main event was a super fun spotfest between the three guys trying to make names for themselves, enjoyable stuff all around.

1. Mariachi Loco vs. Mascarita Sagrada ***
2. Ricky Mandel vs. Mil Muertes ***
3. Drago vs. Pentagon Jr. vs. Fenix ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment