Saturday, December 27, 2014

TNA? Yep... I Watched Some TNA

TNA 2014/9/7

Dave Mastiff vs. Samoa Joe

Ha, two fat fucks going HAM at each other, good match, Mastiff is always a joy to watch (I should do that more often), Joe not so much but I enjoyed him here because he accepted Dave’s pace and played with it. His shit got limited by Dave’s donut-consuming swag, the fast paced heavyweight slugfest layout most certainly helped too. I honestly cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a Samoa Joe match like this. If TNA are smart (they are not), they will sign Mastiff ASAP and push him all the way to the top.

***1/2


TNA 2014/9/7

Noam Dar vs. Austin Aries

Smart little match with Aries being a stiff aggressor and Dar working the hit-and-run routine combined with working a body part that gave him better chances of winning instead of the typical series-of-moves route.

***1/4


TNA 2014/9/7

Rampage Brown vs. Bram

Bram is a generic beard man who likes to yell a lot while making forced angry faces. He’s a decent brawler but I don’t like him. However, he was really good here, the best I’ve seen from him. Rampage is the guy I’ve never watched before and it’s a shame I guess, because he seems like a good wrestler. This was hard-hitting and physical with both guys looking talented.

***1/2


TNA 2014/9/7

Mark Andrews vs. DJ Z

As a preparation for the match, I checked Mandrew’s tribute video on YouTube and holy smokes, he’s only 22 and is a spectacular high flyer who never seems to botch, his moves seem to be inspired by Styles, Rey Mysterio and many other eagles, I’m telling you this dude could go places with correct booking, he’s tailor-made for X Division. This match was good, nothing amazing but just a short simple fast paced X Division affair that didn’t insult anyone’s intelligence.

***1/4

No comments:

Post a Comment