Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Honda/Togo - My New Match of the Decade

DDT Sweet Dreams 2011

(2011/1/30)

KO-D Openweight Championship: Antonio Honda © (interim) vs. Dick Togo ©

So, related to the most recent DDT show with a fantastic tag team main event, and whether it's GOAT DDT match or not, I decided to watch Honda/Togo (DDT Sweet Dreams 2011) for the first time in more than three years. Back then it was obvious the match fucking ruled, but for some reason it stayed under the radar all this time. I just done rewatching it, and shit, the match is fucking phenomenal, a masterpiece and my new MOTD, definitely the greatest DDT match ever, and if I were to make my Top 10 list right now, the match would land somewhere between 5 and 8, mos def. Like a fine red wine, this match is aging tremendously, it's getting better.

Someone with more patience and creativity than me could write humongous Homerlike epics about this cult classic, and while I strongly dislike long ass match reviews, I'd read anything about this one, hell, even play-by-play. 
One of the most organic and creative title matches you'll ever see.

It's not on your usual streaming sites, but you can download it from ditch's site. This right here, dudes, this fucking match is something else.

  
***** (and much more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment