Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Post-TripleMania AAA: Perro/Myzteziz and Patron Debut

AAA 2014/9/7

Daga, Demon Rocker, Machine Rocker vs. Jack Evans, Joe Lider, Argenis

Boring and uninspired, a bunch of fast paced moves, some of them being too cooperative, even for lucha. Oh yeah, there was a rudo turn at the end too.

bad


AAA 2014/9/7

Hijo del Perro Aguayo vs. Myzteziz

One hella brawl, sure it’s AAA style, but I happen to dig it very much, because in my opinion they’re doing the whole Americanized “blitz & glam” version of wrestling – right. This was an awesome fuckery brawl, I love how AAA goes all in when it comes to overbooking and advancing feuds, I appreciate it. The refs are not rigid, they're more like "oh you little rascals, behave already". So strange to see Mistico working the AAA style with brawling, weapons and lots of blood, he's doing just about fine. The left side of his face was completely exposed, with good old lucha juice all over it. Anyway, this was your classic rudo/tecnico match, totally old school role play, the brawling portions were smashing, and the second half was decent enough.

****1/4


AAA 2014/9/7

Super Fly vs. Aerostar

Aerostar is crazy and if he keeps up with this tempo, I doubt he’ll wrestle this time next year, or any year, mark my words. First he takes a huge suicide dive, okay, I’ve seen worse/better, but then he tries something new and innovative and misses the spot landing on his back silly. Ouch! He’s not a bad guy, he’s actually a very decent luchador, but he’s reckless. Super Fly totally heeled it up here, beating poor Aerostar mercilessly, attacking him after the match on a stretcher, etc. This was a short and sweet match and I dare to say Super Fly made it with his rudo goodies, I want more.

***1/2


AAA 2014/9/7

Texano Jr. & Averno vs. Psycho Clown & Monster Clown

Just… bad, not gonna waste my time trying to “review” this one, just skip it.

bad


AAA 2014/9/14

Chessman vs. Psycho Clown

Decent AAA fuckery match with many interferences and shit like that, nothing must-see, but not bad too. It looks like the Chessman/Demon beef is far from over, which makes me a happy camper.

**3/4


AAA 2014/9/14

Texano Jr., Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Averno vs. Patron, Myzteziz, Parka

First things first, Alberto “El Patron” doesn’t strike me as a top tecnico guy, the place he’s been positioned on immediately. He can work like a big tecnico from a technical, moveset side, but that douchebag face is so punchable and screams “I’M A PRICK!”, so yeah, I hope he turns down the road. That being said, he was solid here, in fact everyone was solid at worst, while Perro was fucking glorious and is the MVP of the match. Oh, and Parka doing Parka things is still charming and hilarious.

***3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment