Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Daniels/Patron (Oh Hey, I Watched a ROH Match)

ROH 2015/1/3

Christopher Daniels vs. Patron Alberto

I’m a big Daniels fan but I haven’t checked him in ROH at all during this current run. And why is that? Well, it’s ROH, what else do you need? Oh wait, there’s something else – he’s still not ROH World Champion, such a disgrace.

I thought this was pretty damn neat, two experienced wrestlers working hard to make each other look great, the Fallen Angel did an amazing job in putting over Alberto in his ROH debut, some of the bumps he took, let me tell you something man, a 43 year old guy shouldn’t be taking those, I fucking cringed when Alberto shoved him twice into the guardrails, that was insanely painful I guess. What I loved about the match the most was the pacing and rhythm, they really stepped up and worked balls-to-walls style full of clever counters, natural intensity and good selling, the layout was very back-and-forth cruiserweight style, and they nailed it.

Great match, and the ideal scenario for a rematch would be Daniels winning the top strap and defending it against Patron, but this is the fucking ROH we’re talking about. Oh, and their obnoxious crowds are still the worst, and so are Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino. Fuck you, Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino, fuck you.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment