Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cesaro/Cena in a Rematch!

WWE RAW 2015/7/6

WWE United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro vs. John Cena ©

Fuck, what a match! 23 minutes aired and I hear the actual ring time was around 30 minutes, that’s just crazy when you think about it, Claudio Castagnoli main-eventing a Raw show in a 30 min match against the top dog that is Cena. I absolutely loved their match from the last week and they did even better job in this one, if nothing they did a clean finish this time. One thing was wonderful here, despite the match’s longevity there was a feeling the match could end at any time due to nature of pacing and how they kept shifting big moves, submissions and slower parts. I loved all the callbacks and counters, it showed they learned something from the previous encounter, I’m such a sucker for that kind of stuff. The match truly felt like an exhausting, grueling war, it was super physical and they fucking sold it so well, it was raw and real. This was hundred times better than both Owens/Cena matches combined, simply because Owens wasn’t as versatile and creative as Cesaro was in these two clashes. Cesaro knows there’s more to pro-scrapping than just big bombs and “my turn-your turn”. I hope Cena learned something from these two awesome matches and maybe he’ll make the upcoming Owens match more compelling this time.

****3/4

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen Danielson/Ziggler from the RAW after Wrestlemania 31? I feel like you could possibly really like it. It's one of my favorite WWE matches of the year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it live, liked it. Maybe I should check it again, I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A re-watch won't hurt. It was under 15 minutes long, so it isn't even a really long match. :p

      Delete