Monday, July 13, 2015

Magic

CMLL 1996/10/18

Cabellera vs. Cabellera: Bestia Salvaje vs. Negro Casas


Oh my fucking GOD, what a brawl! I can’t believe I’ve never seen this one before, because the match is so goddamn fabulous. It was only 13 minutes long, but sweet Jesus on a spit, it was very nasty and ultra vicious, just a pure asskicking scuffle that eats little babies for breakfast! First we got 10 minutes of Bestia being a super wild and aggressive predator beating the living shit out of Casas, I’m talking some truly violent and surgically precise punches, slaps, knees, dumps, etc. One of the very best workovers right fucking there, you’ll rarely see something like that out of lucha. Then we got 3+ minutes that consisted of Casas making his valiant comeback, laying some rough smackdown on his own, Bestia regaining control, both dudes going back-and-forth while making an insanely dramatic climax with few wonderful nearfalls and the perfect finish. Yes, all that in just 3 minutes and change, shit man, that’s how fucking amazing these guys were, pure magic. I mark for malicious tussles that look like something straight outta dusty Tijuana bars, man oh man, if I were doing a GOAT list right now, this match would crack the Top 10, I swear. One can’t be better at pro-wrestling than what I just watched here.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment